Wireless Broadband Internet Access
The service is currently available in Algonquin, Bartlett, Burlington, Carpentersville, Capron, Crystal Lake, East Dundee, Elburn, Elgin, Geneva, Gilberts, Hampshire, Harmony, Huntley, Lake in the Hills, Lakewood, Marengo, Pingree Grove, Plato Center, Poplar Grove, Sleepy Hollow, South Elgin, St. Charles, Udina, Union, Wasco and West Dundee as well as the surrounding unincorporated areas. To find out if the service is available at your home or office,
A Service to Fit Your NeedsFox Valley Internet offers Wireless Internet Access services with downstream speeds up to 4Mbps; that's 80 times the speed of a 56Kbps modem connection! At 1.5Mbps, even our entry-level service is over 30 times the speed of dial-up and is available for less than the price of a dial-up account and phone line. With such incredible speeds and no waiting to get connected, imagine how much more useful the Internet will be.
Wireless access features:
Business Class ServiceFor more demanding business applications, Fox Valley Internet offers business class wireless Internet access services that provide high-priority network access and static IP addressing together with domain and web hosting. For more information, click here.
EquipmentFree use of the following customer-end equipment is included:
InstallationInstallation of the equipment is simple so most customers choose to install it themselves. If you prefer, you may choose to have the equipment installed by one of our professional installers for a one-time fee of $125.00.8
Always-On Wireless InternetWireless Internet Access uses high-frequency radio technology to transmit and receive data to and from your home or business. There's no telephone line and no dialing; you're always connected. A small radio transceiver is mounted on your home or office building that establishes the connection with one of our broadcast locations.
A network cable is run from the radio transceiver to a small power injector in your home or office. You simply plug the network connector on the power injector into your computer's network interface card and you're on the air! You can even connect your entire home or office network to the Internet using the same radio transceiver.
We realize that many homeowners associations are concerned about the appearance of external antennas. Fox Valley Internet has selected a radio transceiver that is so small (11.75"H X 3.4"W X 1.1"D) it's hardly noticeable. In addition, in the interest of ensuring that broadband Internet access is made available to the masses, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has passed a ruling that allows wireless Internet access antennas to be installed even in areas where homeowners association's rules prevent other types of antennas. A copy of the FCC document detailing this ruling is available at http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html.
For More InformationFor more information about this service or to determine if the service is available for your home or office,
1. Nationwide dialup account is for use when you're a away from your wireless connection. Account is untimed for Expert level service and timed with a $1.00 per dial-up connect hour for other service levels.
2. Equipment remains the property of Fox Valley Internet. We must have a valid credit card on file or a refundable $150.00 security deposit will be required. Equipment must be returned in working order within 10 days of service termination. Professional equipment removal is available for a fee of $50.00.
3. The activation fee may be higher for locations requiring special equipment such as a reflector dish or a non-line of sight subscriber module.
4. An early termination fee of $200.00 applies if service is cancelled before expiration of the term.
5. Devices on your network are dynamically assigned private IP addresses using NAT to a dynamic IP address.
6. If within 30 days you are not satisfied with the service, you have the option to cancel your contract with no early termination fees. Activation and installation fees are non-refundable. Click here to view the Wireless Internet Access Agreement.
7. Some locations may require a reflector dish or external antenna.
8. Professional installation includes mounting the subscriber module and surge suppressor and running and securing the network cable down the outside of the building and in through a single wall penetration. The charge for a professional installation requiring a reflector dish is $175.00. Alternative wiring solutions, custom wall jacks, etc. are also available for an additional charge. Click here to view the Wireless Internet Equipment Installation Agreement.
Use of this service requires acceptance of Fox Valley Internet's Acceptable Use Policy.
©2019 Fox Valley Internet, Inc, 2585 Millennium Dr, Suite G, Elgin, IL 60124