Fox Valley Internet Acceptable Use Policy
To provide our customers with the highest level of service, we have adopted this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). This Policy outlines acceptable use of the Service and is in addition to any other agreements in effect for the Service(s) to which the customer has subscribed.
Failure to comply with this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of your Service. If you do not agree to comply with this AUP, you must immediately stop using the Service and, if applicable, notify us so that your account may be closed.
We reserve the right to utilize various technologies to prevent violations of any or all provisions of this AUP.
We also reserve the right to deny service to any individual or organization which, in our opinion, intends to use the service in a manner that would violate this AUP.
Prohibited uses include using the Service and/or Equipment to:
- Engage in or facilitate any unlawful activities. This includes, but is not limited to, posting, storing, transmitting, or disseminating information, data, or material that is libelous, obscene, unlawful, threatening, defamatory, or infringes upon the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or in any way constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, or international law, order, or regulation.
- Restrict, inhibit, or otherwise interfere with the ability of any other person to use or enjoy the Service, regardless of intent, purpose, or knowledge. This includes, without limitation, posting or transmitting any information or software containing a worm, virus, or other harmful features, or generating levels of traffic sufficient to impede others’ ability to send or retrieve information.
- Transmit or receive amounts of data exceeding what is typically considered reasonable for the Service, regardless of intent, purpose, or knowledge.
- Remain connected to a dial-up connection for periods of time exceeding what is typically considered reasonable, regardless of intent, purpose, or knowledge.
- Resell the Service or otherwise make it available to anyone outside the premises for use, whether in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, or on a bundled or unbundled basis (i.e., through Wi-Fi or other methods of networking).
- Transmit unsolicited bulk or commercial messages, also known as “spam.” This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other solicitation materials; bulk mailing of commercial advertising; chain mail; informational announcements; charity requests; and petitions for signatures.
- Engage in activities that compromise the privacy, security, or stability of other users, systems, or networks. This includes, but is not limited to, unauthorized access, monitoring, or use of any data, systems, or networks, as well as any attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization.
- Collect or attempt to collect personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent. This includes, but is not limited to, phishing, pharming, spidering, and any other form of data collection or harvesting.
- Use the Service to host, store, or distribute any content or material that infringes upon the rights of others, including copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
- Use the Service for any activity that is fraudulent, deceptive, or otherwise illegal or unethical, including but not limited to, pyramid schemes, “phishing” schemes, or any other form of solicitation or misrepresentation.
We reserve the right to investigate suspected violations of this AUP, including the gathering of information from the user or users involved and the complaining party, if any, as well as the examination of material on our servers and network.
We may, at our sole discretion, take any action we deem necessary to address any violation of this AUP, including but not limited to, removing or blocking access to material, suspending or terminating the Service, or cooperating with legal authorities and third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong.
By using our Service, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any claims, damages, or expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from any breach of this AUP by you or your users, or from any other harm arising from your or your users’ use of the Service.